Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. and Banco Santander S.A., have made an agreement with Deutsche Bank AG, the owner of Deutsche Bank Polska S.A. to transfer a part of Deutsche Bank Polska S.A. business to Bank Zachodni WBK The carved-out part of Deutsche Bank Polska includes: retail banking, including the private banking function, business banking including SMEs, its branches, agents, intermediaries, vendors and DB Securities S.A brokerage house. The transaction will not include the portfolio of foreign currency mortgage-backed credit products. Bank Zachodni WBK intention is the continuation of agreements with partner companies to keep the open architecture of investment products. The transaction is to be closed in Q4 2018 subject to all the required regulatory and corporate consents. The transfer of assets making up the carved out part of Deutsche Bank Polska to Bank Zachodni WBK will be made under the law after registering the demerger of Deutsche Bank Polska S.A. The implementation and finalization of the transaction will not require any additional customer activity on the part of the clients in this respect and transferred account numbers will be preserved.
Bank Zachodni WBK and Deutsche Bank Polska agree Demerger Plan and seek regulatory approval23.02.2018
Today the Management Boards of Bank Zachodni WBK and Deutsche Bank Polska have agreed on the Demerger Plan. A request will be submitted to the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF) for approval of Deutsche Bank Polska demerger.
The intention of the Management Board of Bank Zachodni WBK is to incorporate the demerged part of Deutsche Bank Polska while respecting the interests of employees and customers, and the principles of corporate governance. Until the transaction is closed, both banks will operate as separate entities. The process is planned to be complete in Q4 2018 provided that all regulatory and corporate approvals are obtained.
-The consolidation will benefit customers of both banks through an extended proposition, larger distribution network, and modern and effective sales models. The consolidation process is an opportunity to maximise the benefit of the international support of Santander Group. Bank Zachodni WBK’s stable position, experience and good cooperation between the parties ensure that the transaction will be a success, says Gerry Byrne, Bank Zachodni WBK Supervisory Board Chairman.
Bank Zachodni WBK is a strong and stable financial institution. In 2017, Bank Zachodni WBK Group posted a profit after tax of PLN 2.2bn. Total assets amount to PLN 153bn. Capital ratio stood at 16.69%, i.e. above the required level, ensuring security of operations and stable growth.
The Management Board of Bank Zachodni WBK is convinced that the transaction will benefit both the customers and shareholders. This is how we will strengthen our competence in serving affluent and private banking, for whom we want to develop our offer and also, enhance our business model in the segments of SMEs and freelance professionals. The integration of global standards of Santander Group with the vast experience of Deutsche Bank Polska will allow us to boost customer satisfaction of working with us by offering modern financial solutions, says Michał Gajewski, President of the Management Board of Bank Zachodni WBK..
Our intention is to continue the agreements with partners so that we can retain the open architecture for investment products.
After obtaining regulatory and corporate approvals, based on the experience and competence of both banks, Bank Zachodni WBK will develop and deliver the best solutions for the customers, provide an enhance product offering and further increase the service quality.
Contact us for more details:
Spokesman Bank Zachodni WBK
tel.: (+48) 22 586 80 40;
Bank Zachodni WBK strengthens its market positionDate of addition: 14.12.2017
The agreement is an important decision for both banks, their shareholders, customers and employees. Bank Zachodni WBK will reinforce its position as the third largest financial institution in Poland in terms of assets. Bank Zachodni WBK will become a leading bank in the private banking customer segment.
- Bank Zachodni WBK Group, as a member of the strong global Santander Group, will build up its business by gaining strong skills in managing relationships with affluent, private banking and business banking customers. Thanks to the agreement, the Bank will strengthen its position as the third largest bank in Poland. It is also an important step on its journey towards becoming the best bank for customers. The agreement is an excellent fit for Santander Group’s aspirations to play a strong and active role in this part of Europe. I am convinced that the transaction will bring tangible benefits for all shareholders and customers. – said Gerry Byrne, Bank Zachodni WBK Supervisory Board Chairman.
- After a careful and thorough review process, Deutsche Bank AG has decided to sell the local retail and business banking unit in Poland together with DB Securities to Bank Zachodni WBK, while sustaining its commitment to the Corporate & Investment Bank, including Global Transaction Banking. Deutsche Bank Polska will continue to provide banking services to Polish and international corporate clients, financial institutions and government agencies. Deutsche Bank Polska will also continue to serve FX mortgage borrowers. – said Peter Tils, Chairman of Deutsche Bank Polska’s Supervisory Board and CEO of Deutsche Bank for Central and Eastern Europe.- Our immediate priority will be to work in partnership with our clients, regulators, employees and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition as well as subsequent merger of the local Private & Commercial Bank as well as DB Securities with BZ WBK.
Also the branches network with the indirect distribution channels will be incorporated to Bank Zachodni WBK. Bank Zachodni WBK is interested in continuing and expanding this form of cooperation, which will ensure greater access to products and services. Bank Zachodni WBK intention is the continuation of agreements with partner companies to keep the open architecture of investment products.
The foreign currency mortgage-backed credit facilities are not a part of the transaction and will stay at Deutsche Bank Polska.
- Joining retail banking forces, including affluent and private banking, and also business banking, supported by the global Santander Group will reinforce Bank Zachodni WBK position in Poland’s banking industry. Advisors’ relationships with customers and, most importantly, their high professionalism are, without any doubt, an added value to the agreement. This part of Deutsche Bank Polska’s business will enrich and strengthen the business strategy of Bank Zachodni WBK. –said Michał Gajewski, President of Bank Zachodni WBK Management Board.- We are convinced that by leveraging the experience of the two banks’ teams, we will be able to offer a robust, multi-channel access to services, country-wide branch network and even better and more innovative financial products and services the way customers want it.
Santander Group is globally recognized for its commitment to the quality of its customer proposition and customer satisfaction. The key to a strong business position is helping people and businesses prosper, building customer loyalty and managing customer relationships.
Basic facts for Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. customers:
- Bank Zachodni WBK and Banco Santander S.A. have signed an agreement with Deutsche Bank AG on the transfer of a part of Deutsche Bank Polska S.A. business to BZ WBK structures.
- The integrated part of Deutsche Bank Polska’s business includes its retail banking function, including private banking, its business banking segment, including small and medium-sized enterprises, its branches, agents, relationships with intermediaries, vendors and brokerage house DB Securities S.A.
- Brokerage house DB Securities S.A. will be incorporated into Bank Zachodni WBK Group structure
- A portfolio of retail currencies loan products secured by mortgages, is not a subject to the transaction and will remain in the Deutsche Bank Polska
- Bank Zachodni WBK intention is the continuation of agreements with partner companies to keep the open architecture of investment products.
- The transaction, i.e. the incorporation of the part of DB Polska business into Bank Zachodni WBK structures, is planned in IV Q 2018 subject to all the required regulatory and corporate consents.
- The integration of Deutsche Bank Polska’s business into Bank Zachodni WBK structures will not require customers to take any additional actions.
- The numbers of transferred bank accounts or card terms & conditions, including PINs, remain unchanged.